Some take it seriously. Some bid it farewell just after the clock strikes twelve. Some call it a Second Chance to Dream with Eyes Open. New Year Resolution — no one can deny having made some.
People change with time, so do their aspirations. Seriously taken, Happy New Year Resolution is an opportunity to gauge our goals. For the adventurous souls, it is the opportunity to tickle a funny bone or to try something bold.
I’d like to offer a few ideas for you to consider. Some are simple, some are exotic – but each is unique in its own way – there is surely a one that would appeal to you!
1. Accomplish the Incomplete – If you still feel that the resolutions you made last year and abandoned midway are worth a second shot, give it another chance!
2. Realistic Resolutions – Instead of weaving dreams in the air, make a resolution that would have significance in and add a meaning to your life.
3. Monitor Progress – Resolve this year to monitor how far you are holding on to your commitment – it will help you to hang on
4. Quit an Addiction – It will not take you anywhere good, trust me. If it does you no good, why stick to it? If needed, seek help of support groups or professionals. If you have the will, you shall find the way.
5. Fit in Fitness – Secure a future with fewer trips to the doctor – exercise. Select a regime you can stick to. A group activity may add the element of fun to the routine. Lose some flab. But don’t set any strict target, for then the chances are you may get de-motivated and quit.
6. Soak up New Skills – Learning something new and interesting is always fun and a value addition too.
7. Lose the Loan – Pay off any debt you may have and feel light at heart.
8. Sack Stress – This sounds easier than it actually is, and there is no magic tip. You have to find your own haven.
9. Contribute for a Cause – Giving back to the society is the least we can do to make the world a better place to live in.
10. Treasure your Treasures – Splurge is fun, but saving should be the way of living. Plan with your future in mind. Relax the grip once in a while for that blissful indulgence.
11. Liven up Your Lifestyle – Professional growth is okay, but your personal life requires attention too. Strike a balance.
12. Organized – This is the key to make life easy, manage time and live stress free. Make a proper To-Do list, and you are half way there already