Beautiful, healthy skin results from a healthy diet and lifestyle plus a daily routine of cleansing, moisturizing and protecting. Vanda Salon can help you maintain a youthful, lovely appearance with our special skin analysis and quality Mary Kay skin care products. Mary Kay offers exceptional, award-winning products that have been distinguished as the “best-selling brand of facial skin care and color cosmetics in the US.”
In addition to Mary Kay products, we offer these basic skin care tips:
Keeping skin healthy
- Eat a healthy, varied diet to help your skin defend itself against infection, cell damage and premature aging, especially during extreme weather in winter and summer months.
- If your skin is dry or flaky, your diet may be lacking in fatty acids or vitamin E.
- Skin that does not heal quickly may be lacking vitamins A, B6, C or zinc.
- Increasing your daily intake of fresh, raw vegetables and fruits adds vitamins, antioxidants and water, all of which are necessary for healthy skin.
- Thoroughly cleanse your face at least twice daily to remove dirt, makeup and the skin’s own constantly shedding outer layer.
- Use a cleanser formulated for your skin type. Oily skin may require a mild facial soap, but don’t use body soap. On dry skin, use cleansers with emollients to smooth and protect.
- Always remove makeup before going to bed.
- Use a facial scrub occasionally to remove dead skin cells.
- Apply a good moisturizer daily after cleansing, and a night cream at bedtime to lock in your natural moisture.
- Even if you have oily skin, moisturizing is essential. Use an oil-free formula.
- To reduce lines around the eyes, smooth an eye emollient gently over your eyelids and under your eyes at bedtime.
- Use a facial sunscreen or a moisturizer with 15 to 30 SPF.
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun.
- Select makeup products that are the right shade and the right formula for your skin type.
- Don’t pick at pimples and blackheads. Use the appropriate medications and treatments.
- Mary Kay Cosmetic Web Address: www.MaryKay.com/VMcCauley